Thursday, April 14, 2011

The meeting, churches in the Terre Haute area

Well I haven't been able to post this because I have been extremely busy with a new job and candy sale.
I had the privilege of seeing a couple of High school friends. I am just so proud of them and their service to the Lord. I think of Laura. I know in high school many just thought she was the rich kid, and never amounted to much. I was so proud of what she has done with her life. She has a raised a handsome young man. She does an excellent job in her Sunday school class, Sami has been in there, she has enjoyed it. And working with the Master club. Seeing all those trophies and ribbons made me proud that I knew her. She has really became an awesome Christian, one I wish I had time to get to know over again.

Then there was Lisa, what a beautiful family she has. She is just getting settled in her new church, but I know she has a heart for souls. You can just see it in her smile. I listened to a sermon her husband preached. And wow, is all I could say. the thing that got me the most is when he was talking about not everyone is in the same spiritual place, That we are growing at different rates.

I so can't wait to met up with Lori. We keep missing each other in passing. I have heard what a wonderful work Her and her husband is doing in Rantoul. I have been candy selling there a few times and the people are so receptive, they have even asked us if we are from their church. That states alot about a church.

When we went to the church in Jasonville, the teens were so friendly. They treated my daughter like she was welcome and apart of their group. It reminded me years ago when I first started going to church. Lisa and Lori always asked me to sit with them. They really welcomed me in. I think that is what helped me to stick.

Their pastor, Jerry Ross preached an awesome message. I am praying for their spring push. I hope they blow the 501 goal out of the water. I admit after leaving there that Sunday, a huge part of me wanted to move back to the Terre Haute area. I would if I didn't already know that I was exactly where God wants me to be.

On Wednesday night we went to Bible Baptist. I don't know what it is about that church but they are so cute. I really like Pastor Parker. He reminds me of a cute little leprechaun. You just want to squeeze him, but I am sure I would get in trouble. You can tell the passion for souls and lives and families are in his heart. Wow!!!
I admire both of these pastors because they both had to deal with the ridicule of John Price from the pulpit, and they both were there to pick up the pieces of many church members lives when Price shattered them. keep on keeping on.

No comments: