Sunday, April 10, 2011

So what do we do?

So apparently 20/20 did a big episode on the IFB church, sex cover up. Does this surprise anyone? Well let's see. There is the Catholic church, the Mormons, the Jehovah Witness, the Methodist, the Presbyterian church, The church of God, Southern Baptist and now the IFB. What do they all have in common? Sinners.
 As a recovering victim of this I am not so happy about the publicity. Why? Well this is brought about by the wicked media that would like to do nothing but hurt the church. To hurt God. That doesn't make me happy. It hurts me because parents are too stupid to believe their children. It hurts me because people still put pastors on a pedestal. It hurts me because sinners will use this as an excuse not to come to Christ. It hurts me because another child has been hurt.

So what do we do? Do we stop going to church? Do we stop trusting in God? Do we stop having faith? What we do as Christians, members and parents is protect our children, our church our Christ. When an accusation has been made. We investigate, we question, we love, we punish, we protect. We teach our children that not everyone is a predator, but we don't be surprise either. All men are sinners, thus can and will be tempted to do horrible things.

Just because we go to church with someone. They are our daughter's and sons best friends parents, doesn't exclude them from sin or from harming us. People it is just plain common sense. We choose, do we let Satan have the victory, or do we let Christ.

Many know my circumstances, I am not going to repeat it. I will say that when I left the church my life was destroyed. But when I returned, God my Father patched me up and repaired the mess. I look at my daughters and my marriage. I see how they were then, and now. I would not change it for the world. My family has a heart for the bus ministry. My husband and I has a lead on a family interested in church. All I can think of is maybe a few more souls added to God's family. What a blessing.

I am thankful that when I did return, I was listened too and believed. You know, that is how a church should function. Unfortunately it doesn't, people are hurt. Lives are wrecked. Then the media boasts of the horror of religion. That my friend is not right. The infallibility of a pastor is not biblical and should never be construed as that. What we must realize is the same thing we accepted when we got saved.



Romans 3:23




For ALL HAVE sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Once we get saved, it doesn't take that away. We must all be aware of this in our dealings with everyone we meet, associate with, go to church with, and sit under. That is what we must do.

No comments: