Last night in family devotions we have discussed giving God praise. We have been reading the book "Nevertheless, I live" By the late Steve Currington. We are in a section of the book discussing praise. Even when we are going through trials and tough times, we should praise Him.
Well today, I have a praise. I lost my job a month ago. I had to quit because of a hostile work environment antagonized by manager. It was an ugly situation in which I could not make a difference in. The problem we just bought a new car, our other had died. School is starting, so we also have tuition to pay for. That is making us live bare bones until I get reemployed. As a typical female, I worry, how are we going to make this?
So the storms are rising. What can I do? I am a firm believer that as a Christian it is my responsibility to do all I can do. Work at what I can do, but depend on God to make things happen. Not sure if there is a Bible verse to support this view. Do know God in proverbs speaks negatively about the sluggard. I have sent off close to 100 resumes, talked with 2 agency's and went to one job fair. Pretty discouraging after a month. Not much biting.
Then today as I am going through my regular scheduled routine, of pretty much nothing, had a good devotion reading Nehemiah 1. I went to the bathroom and heard the phone ring. I didn't think much of it. I figured I will get when I get it. It was the first agency I meet with. They asked me if I was available today? Of course I am. So I went to work at a School for 1hr and a half. Then I found out they need me all week, then possibly an indefinite time. Something I don't want to discuss here, it is very temporary.
So as Christian's we often take baby steps. Today I Praise God for my temporary job. But I truly praise Him because in the last week in family devotions, we as a family have been praying that God will give me a job before the end of September. This being September 11th, and I got to work. It is a blessing I can show God does answer prayers to me, and my family. God is so good.
Guess now we will have to pray God please give me a permanent job by the end of September. Please pray with us. God is good all the time, all the time. Praise His name forever and ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment