
I Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
What does worship mean to you? Dictionary.com defines it as
wor·ship
[wur-ship]
Show IPA noun, verb, -shiped, -ship·ing or ( especially British
) -shipped, -ship·ping. noun
1.
2.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
3.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
4.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
5.
( initial capital letter
) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).
) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ). verb (used with object)
6.
to render religious reverence and homage to.
7.
to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).
I just have been thinking alot of this, not sure why, maybe do to being a week before Christmas. The celebration of the Messiah's birth, the homage paid by the 3 wise men, the angels, and others. The star from the sky, shining extra bright, ie even creation reverence the King.
But my thought is mainly on worshipping in church. Maybe I am going through a null phase, I am not sure. Maybe it is just my heart isn't prepared. I can't sing, seriously, I sound like a wounded cow. But when I sing the words it just isn't all there, whom am I singing to? Others I doubt, myself, maybe, or am I just singing for because everyone is. No real since of worshipping, giving God reverence do. Am I listening to the preaching out of ritual, expectation, or honor?
How does singing to God and listening to preaching exude worship? I don't know, maybe I am confused, or just in a rut. It's not like I want to be ignorant in this act, I just doubt the sincerity of the practice, of others yes, but mine even more. It should be about going to church and growing always, but shouldn't it be about giving honor,reverence, admiration to whom it is due? God our heavenly Father, Christ the King of glory.
Just thinking........
No comments:
Post a Comment