Isn't this just the typical response we have when it comes to obeying God? We sing the song with love and joy, smiling like a child, but then we end up doing our own thing.
 |
| Sami in the Icebox |
Why is obedience so hard? Is it the lack of faith, trust, or belief. We went to Turkey Run as a family on Saturday. Brad had been away all week long in California. Thus he wanted to spend some family time together. We took trail 3, it goes through the punch bowl, up and down 140 steps, then we had to climb down two sets of steep ladders, onward to the icebox, finally we returned to the suspension bridge.
 |
| Rachel talking us out of the ladder |
Rachel absolutely refused to go down the ladders. I am unsure if it was a matter of fear or lack of trust. He big fat Mom had no qualm of tackling the ladder, she even watched me go down. However, for Rachel she opt to run the whole trail back, almost all of it. Instead of taking the easy road down.
She missed some beautiful sites along the way. She also had to work harder to get to the end.
Doesn't this signify most of our Christian walk? I know it does mine. I often am too stubborn to follow the path God leads me and take the longer route.
I recall in geometry I learned the closest distance between two points equal a straight line. I always joke I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Sadly that is true, and also apparent in my walk with Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment